- The academic blocks are the same and therefore the student schedule is almost identical to what it was before. What you will notice is that the classes are 30 minutes each with a 15-minute gap between each class.
- At the start of each class, you will check the Course Plan in OneNote to see what is expected for that class for that day. You may be asked to watch a video, read an article, go to an online chat, etc. These morning blocks are the initial time for you to find out what is expected and organize your work-flow for that day. Any synchronous class experiences (e.g. live chats, video conferencing, etc.) will all be recorded and links to the recordings posted in OneNote so that students who are in different time zones can review these. Teachers understand that students are learning from places all over the world and will not structure courses in a way that disadvantages students who are in different time zones. Synchronous experiences will mostly be limited to extra help and advisor meetings, and these can be scheduled with teachers according to student and teacher availability.
- The Community Life Block has been shifted and there is no Friday Chapel/Advisor block in the morning.
- You can personalize your schedule with your advisor’s support, enabling advisors to assist with questions you might have.
- The TB on the timetable refers to the testing block; the testing blocks have remained unchanged and this is the day when assessments will be due for each class.
- Between 8:00 - 8:30 a.m. you will be provided with tasks, readings, exercises to help focus on the day ahead. These are electives and will be shared via email by the school directors, wellness team, student leaders or advisors.
- At 12:15 p.m. during the Community Collaboration Time there could be an advisor meeting online, a Chapel presentation, a Guidance session, or an Assembly. Not every day will have something scheduled in the Community Collaboration time, but this is also a time where we encourage you to connect with both the adults and your peers in the Appleby community.
- After lunch, you will have Academic Time during which you will work on assigned course work. This time will also be available for you to connect with guidance or the learning strategies team to continue to support individual learning needs.
- Between 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. we expect you to follow a regular study schedule. Study during this time should be focused study – all distractions, social media, TV, etc. should be turned off and students should work for 20 minutes, take a 5 minute break, and then work again for 20 minutes. Repeating this cycle throughout the two-hour block.
- Every Sunday night by 8:30 p.m., teachers will be posting and updating the Course Plan in OneNote for the upcoming week. At the same time, your weekly reflections will be due for each class – details on how to complete these reflections and where to post them will come from teachers.
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
8:00 - 8:30
|Mindful Movement and Preparation||Mindful Movement and Preparation||Mindful Movement and Preparation||Mindful Movement and Preparation||Mindful Movement and Preparation|
8:30 - 9:00
|9:15 - 9:45
|10:00 - 10:30
|10:45 - 11:15
|11:30 - 12:00
|12:15 - 12:45
|MS Academic Block/Community Collaboration Time||Community Collaboration Time||Community Collaboration Time||Community Collaboration Time||Community Collaboration Time|
|12:45 - 1:45
|Lunch Break||Lunch Break||Lunch Break||Lunch Break||Lunch Break|
|2:00 - 4:00
|Academic Time||Academic Time||Academic Time||Academic Time||Academic Time|
|4:00 - 6:00
|7:00 - 9:00