Alumni Mentors Programme
Appleby’s Alumni Mentors Programme is aiming to pair motivated Appleby College alumni who have recently entered the workforce or are in their third or fourth year of study at a post-secondary institution, with an alumni mentor for a period of eight months. Alumni Mentors are established professionals who are committed to helping recent alumni develop skills for the workplace and expand their professional networks.
How it Works
- Complete an online application form.
- Successful applicants will be notified of their match in September 2019.
- Once matched, review the resources provided to facilitate success within your partnership.
- Meet face-to-face (if geography allows) with your match a minimum of three times between September and April and keep in touch via e-mail, phone or social media channels.
- Let us know how we did by completing a programme evaluation.
Registration for year 4 will open in now open. We will be accepting applications until July 12. Please note, despite our best efforts, it may not be possible to find a match for all applicants.
Mentors are Appleby alumni who are experienced professionals prepared to share their knowledge, resources and passion for their careers.
Mentoring is a great way to stay connected to the Appleby community and contribute to the success of a recent Appleby alumni.
Benefits and Rewards:
Mentees are either:
1) Post-secondary students in their third or fourth year of study.
2) Motivated recent post-secondary graduates (0-10 years employment experience).
Mentees can expect to receive guidance to help them navigate various career options while learning invaluable skills for professional development from an experienced professional.
Benefits and Rewards:
Alumni are welcome to visit campus year-round. If you would like to inquire about renting a facility, please visit our facilities page.
All visitors to campus are asked to check-in at Main Reception, located in the Nicholas Arts Centre. If you would like to call in advance to arrange your visit, please contact:
Kristy Marasco, Officer, Alumni and Parent Relations
Phone: 905-845-4681 ext. 110