Appleby College - J.S. Gairdner Arena
Schedule & Rules: Community Skate & Shinny Sessions
Sunday 1:45-3:00 pm
Sunday 3:00-4:15 pm
- The Arena Attendant is responsible for the safe operation of this Arena and is authorized to ask participants to leave the arena.
- The Arena Attendant is not there to open doors or provide access to locked areas of the College. Please contact Security if you must get into any locked portion of the Arena or other College building.
The varsity change rooms will not be opened by the Arena Attendant for any Shinny or Community Skate session due to security measures. Requirements to access this equipment must be pre-arranged through faculty.
- General Family Skate
- The Community Skate sessions are for the use of members of the Appleby Community and friends in their company ONLY. The Appleby Community is defined as alumni, students and their parents and employees. Other members of the public may be asked to leave.
- No sticks or pucks are permitted on the ice during Family Skate. Children under 16 years of age must wear CSA approved helmets.
- The Shinny sessions are for Appleby students and their friends in direct company ONLY. Other members of the public are not permitted without the express permission of the Arena Attendant.
- All participants must wear CSA approved helmets and hockey gloves.
- No body contact is permitted and all participants must act and play safely according to College student expectations.
Failure to comply with the above rules will result in participants being asked to leave the arena either by the Arena Attendant and/or Security.